The balcony is hiring: General Manager
A unique opportunity to run your own bar and catering business through 'the balcony' at Harrogate Cricket Club has arisen, as we are currently looking to recruit a General Manager.
See below for details...
Role: General Manager, The Balcony, Harrogate Cricket Club
Job Title: General Manager
Purpose: Manage bar, staff, ordering, rotas, function room, provision of catering
Reports to: Directors of The Balcony (Harrogate CC) Ltd
Salary: £24k plus quarterly bonus
Holiday allowance: 28 days including statutory bank holidays
Fixed term contract until: 31/01/2021. Renewable by mutual consent
Normal place of work: Harrogate Cricket Club, The County Ground, St George's Road, Harrogate, HG3 9BP
A unique opportunity for a self-motivated, forward thinking individual to run your own bar and catering business.
Harrogate Cricket Club Ltd has a modern clubhouse with a members’ bar which is open to the public and a separate function room with catering facilities, purpose built less than 10 years ago.
The General Manager is expected to ensure that the clubhouse is kept fully operational 7 days a week during the summer and Thursday–Sunday during the winter. The function room provides cricket teas during the season, hosting and catering for external events all year round.
This is an opportunity to be a unique part of the local community and for the right candidate to take the bar and catering to the next level in terms of quality and service. A real chance to develop the business and enhance earnings through a quarterly bonus scheme.
Applicants will have excellent organisational, customer service and interpersonal skills, with a can-do attitude. You will need to take a proactive approach, driving both the catering and bar functions forward to increase revenue at the club.
Applicants must have:
· Experience in hospitality – running a bar and providing catering, stock control and cleaning
· Excellent communication skills with both visitors and staff, with the primary focus to provide an excellent service at all times.
· Have a proven record of food hygiene and hold at least a level 2 certificate in food safety.
· Have access to your own transport, holding a full driving licence
· Hold a personal bar licence (or obtain one prior to starting).
· Experience of employing and effectively managing staff
Please send your CV to email@example.com